Auction Terms & Conditions Your Registration in this Auctions by Wallace Auction as a bidder means that you agree to all the following auction terms and conditions without exception.
All items must be removed from our building by Friday May 26th at 6 PM.
1. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They contain important information about our live and online auctions, and your rights and responsibilites as a bidder.
2. Live bidder registration requires a valid state photo driver's license or valid state identification card. Auctioneer will assign Bidder a "Bidder Number" as Bidder's auction identification and Bidder will be responsible for all charges to that number.
3. By making a bid, regardless of how such bid is made, Bidder acknowledges that Bidder has received, read, understands, and agrees to comply with and be bound by the terms.
4. Bidder is responsible for all shipping costs. More information below.
5. Online Bidders are responsible for reading their invoice. Invoices are emailed to the email address you confirmed when registering. Auctions by Wallace is not responsible for emails that are not received due to a change in email address, blocked emails, or any other conceivable system/hardware failure on the receiptients end.
6. Buyer's Premium is 15% - In House bidders have a BP of 13% with a 3% discount for cash.
7. Sales tax is 5.3%. Sales tax is not applied to items shipped out of state. If you are tax exempt we must receive your ST-10 and copy of your Sales Certificate prior to the close of the auction. For online Bidders they can mail the forms to Auctions by Wallace, PO Box 102, Barhamsville, VA 23011 or email them to [email protected]
We do not accept faxes. We will provide confirmation once received. If you do not receive confirmation that we received your forms and apply sales tax it is because we did not receive your forms in a timely fashion. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE REFUND SALES TAX.
8. Any announcements made day of auction take precedence over all prior advertisements.
9. We will send out invoices after the auction closes and begin processing payments the following day.
10. All property is sold 'AS IS WHERE IS', and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Auctions by Wallace may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall Auctions by Wallace be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
11. We accept bids both live and online. We also process absentee bids and phone bids. The Auctioneer has sole decretion to settle any disputes should they arise. Auctioneer has the sole descrition to determine the winning bidder. Auctioneer can revoke any bidder's right to bid at any time and for any reason they see fit.
12. Individual lots may have their own terms associated with that lot. Meaning, we may not offer shipping at all for a specific lot and your must pick up that item which will be described in the title or description of that item.
13. Auctions by Wallace reserves the right to add additional processing fees if payment is not received in a timely fashion. Typically between $5 to $20.
14. SPECIAL REQUESTS- We will work with you to honor special requests if they are reasonable and feasible prior to the close of the auction.
15. Auctions by Wallace is providing Internet pre-auction as a service to Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against Auctions by Wallace or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the auction. Auctions by Wallace will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the pre-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. Auctions by Wallace reserves the right to withdraw items in this auction.
16. In the event of a non-paying bidder Auctions by Wallace reserves the right to share this information with other auctioneers and this may affect your ability to bid in auctions with other companies. Bidder also understands that in the event of non-payment or a charge back they will be responisble for all legal fees incurred by Auctions by Wallace. as we work to collect funds.
17. Shipping Information:
A. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs.
B. Nothing will be packed in-house.
C. Buyer will need to make all arrangements if something is to be sent freight and items must be removed by Friday May 26th at 6 PM if alternate arrangements have not been made prior to the close of the auction. We will work with any company you choose. It is the bidder's responsiblity to know what items
D. If you have a Virginia address we will assume you are picking items up and they must be removed from this building by Friday May 26th at 6 PM or they will be deemed abandoned. Additional disposal fees will be applied to your invoice to cover the cost of removal based upon size of the item. If your address is not in VA we will assume that you want your items shipped. If you would like your items handled differently that described in this section please advise us of your request by responding to your invoice by Thursday at 3 PM.
D. All items requiring shipping - excluding freight - will be delivered by Auctions by Wallace to our local UPS store for packing and shipping. Items will be taken to them by Saturday. They will contact you directly for shipping and handling costs. We can not provide them with your credit card information. We do this as an additional service. There is no need to make shipping arrangements - again this excludes freight. If you would like to make other arrangements for shipping and pick-up we will work with the company of your choice. There is no charge for Auctions by Wallace to deliver your items to UPS. If we need to go back to UPS and pick your items up because you refused to pay shipping there will be a trip charge of $25.00 and we reserve the right to charge a disposal fee. In the event of a charge back for shipping costs Auctions by Wallace reserves the right to share this information with other auctioneers and this may affect your ability to bid in auctions with other companies.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms